Reframe your perspective!
1. Don’t settle!
- Don’t buy the lie of despair. Our Father God gives us encouragement and hope! See Romans 15:4-5 NLT
- Don’t stop trying. One step at a time, partner with God and trust Him with the outcome. In general, better health practices help protect us from worse injuries, provide faster recovery, and build our confidence. With God’s help and wisdom, I make the best plans I can, and God guides me. “The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.” Proverbs 16:9 ESV
- “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.” Romans 12:2 NLT
- Don’t worry. God cares for you! See how He cares for the flowers and sparrows? How much more does He care for you? “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.” Matthew 6:34 NLT
- “Don’t fear! We are loved powerfully by a God who made you and loves you as you are! He helps you and does not want you to live in fear. Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love.” 1 John 4:18 NLT
2. Think on good things!
- I am wonderfully and fearfully made! ” Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.” Psalm 139:14 NLT
- My life matters. God has given me purpose and good works to do! “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.” Ephesians 2:10 NASB
- Though trouble comes, God is with me. Nothing can separate us! “And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:38-39 NLT
- God uses trials to make me into an even better version of me! He builds my character and my endurance. Trouble will come, but that’s not the end of the story! “Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.” James 1:2-4 NLT
- God will bring together everything – including accidents. “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” Romans 8:28-29 NLT
- Incidents cannot lessen the plans God has for my life. HE is greater! “But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.” 1 John 4:4 NLT
- “Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.” 1 Peter 5:7 NLT
- What else can you think of that is true, honorable, right, pure, lovely and admirable??? This builds my faith! This makes me stronger! This helps me identify with others who need encouragement. Etcetera, etcetera…
Father God, thank You for being right here with me through each injury. Thanks for guiding me and giving me wisdom as I consider whether I need to look at changing any of my habits. Help me to make the most use of each incident, even ones that have already happened but I don’t know how to process. Give me courage and faith to focus on what’s true and good – to not settle. Rewire my brain to see myself as one of Your unique children, worth investing in. Help me seek You above all else. Protect me from unnecessary accidents and injuries and use everything that happens to me for YOUR glory and for my good. Thanks that You do! In Jesus’ name!